none
Windows 10 1703 with US as default Region

Question

• We have a Multilanguage Win10 image deployed through WDS.

In previous versions of Win10 (pre 1703), this is what the customers saw when they entered OOBE.

When they select their preferred language, they also select their region, app language, keyboard layout and time zone in the same process.

In Windows 10 1703 this is changed. Now they select their language, and in the next screen is presented with the region choice and this seems to always list US as default, regardless of the customers chosen language. It is not possible to use any keyboard letters in order to quicker select your region, you have to scroll with the mouse, which isn't fast or easy. After the customer selects their region, a new fullscreen option is presented with the keyboard layout. This is based on the region, so not really an issue for us.

After the layout is selected, the customer is presented with an other fullscreen option to add another keyboard layout, if they don't want to, they have to select "Skip" to proceed.

Is it possible to get 1703 to highlight a region based on the OOBE chosen customer language on 1703?

I find it strange that a single window selection on 1607 has changed into a four fullscreen windows selection on 1703.

Monday, April 3, 2017 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

I have checked on my side, I get the same results as you did. I think this changing is design. If you have any concern about it, you could use the built-in Feedback hub to submit it on your side. 
    >>Is it possible to get 1703 to highlight a region based on the OOBE chosen customer language on 1703?
    Windows 10 version 1703 is released recently, we are still studying on it. Up to know, I have not found any workaround can implement it. So, it seems to be impossible for me. 

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 9:51 AM