none
Dell E7470 Laptop Crashe due to missing NIC Driver when PXE Booting to MDT Server RRS feed

• Question

• The problem is that I have a new Dell E7470 laptops.   The drivers Dell gives us are either malfunctioning or missing.  When I do a PXE boot at the end when I should be able to choose what image to load, it crashe with Error:

_________________________________________________________________________________________

"A connection to the deployment share

MDT 2013 Production Share$ could not be made.
    The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&dev_156f&subsys_06dc1028&rev_21

Retry:  Try again to connect to the deployment share.
    Cancel:  Give up, cancelling any in-progress task sequence"
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

Steps Taken:
    1.  Download latest system drivers for laptop.
    2.  Imported the drivers into "out of box drivers"
    3.  Updated the Deployment Share

3.  Using WDS updated the wim file from boot images.

Any help would be appreciated !!

Thank you

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:42 PM

All replies

• You need to Load the Intel Network drivers in the WinPE x86 and WinPE x64 Out-of-Box Drivers folders.  WinPE doesn't have Network Drivers on it's own that will work.

Monday, September 26, 2016 7:22 PM
  • Personally when I add a new model of machine (Win 8 or later) I install the OS and install the drivers by hand.

When I am all done I create a make model folder in MDT.

Then using Powershell on the box:

Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination G:\Drivers -Debug -Verbose

In the folder created delete all the drivers you don't really care about.  Such as MS printer drivers.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Monday, September 26, 2016 9:02 PM
  • Assuming you're using the latest MDT, get your PE drivers here - http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/11530.winpe-10-driver-pack

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:20 PM