Outlook not detecting Tasks invitations if using Activesync account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I started using Activesync accounts with Outlook 2016 and noticed a strange behaviour.

Previously we were working with IMAP accounts and we were able to send tasks invitations/assignments. You can check that when the invitation arrives, Outlook detects it and request you to accept or decline in the same mail view panel; if invitation is accepted, it goes automatically to your tasks list:

https://imgur.com/a/yFI4mM4
    (sorry I can't post images/links yet)

On the other side, accessing to the same mail server (same account, and same mail) but using Activesync, Outlook doesn't detect the Task invitation and only shows the attachment. Of course you are not able to accept/decline task, it doesn't go automatically to your task list, and your buddy doesn't receive updates about the task.

https://imgur.com/a/N2It8uC

I think this behaviour it's a bug, because this behaviour only occurs while using Activesync accounts.

Regards.

Monday, October 29, 2018 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you change to another account, will same issue occur?

Do you configure your IMAP account as Exchange ActiveSync account in Outlook?

According to my research, Exchange ActiveSync is used for mobile phone users to access their email, calendar, contacts, and tasks, and lets them continue to access this information when they're working offline.

Normally, it is not recommended to configure Exchange ActiveSync manually on Outlook desktop client. You may still use IMAP protocol.

If I've misunderstand anything, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:30 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Just check if the information above is useful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:30 AM