SCSM 2012 R2 Add a new available property for a workflow criteria. RRS feed

• Question

• I have very little experience with SCSM and have created a new field on the Incident form. I have also created a queue and need the workflow criteria for that queue to be based on that field but it does not show as an available property. It is a department field and the binding is an AD attribute for Affected User.Department. Is there a way to add it as an available property for workflow criteria? 
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:31 PM

All replies

• Well seeing as how you've extended the incident form by adding a field; you would need to reference the extended form in your workflow. If you do that you should be able to link your workflow to your new field. I would assume you are using the authoring tool for this.
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Chase Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:16 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:16 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Ken. Yes I did use the authoring tool to extend the form. How would I reference the extended form in the workflow? As I said I am new to SCSM and to management packs so I am looking for a tutorial on how to do this. 
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:41 PM
  • You would need to load the extended form in the authoring tool prior to creating the new workflow.
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:50 PM