No Audio Output Device Toshiba Equium RRS feed

• Question

•  

My task bar speaker has a red X and i have no audio output device,  not sure whether due to windows vista updates

how can i get my sound back

this has only happened in the last 48hrs i have had the laptop for 1 year

Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Debbie,

The driver of the audio device is corrupt. Please reinstall it.

1. Click Start, click Run, type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand the "Sound, video and Game controllers" branch.

3. Right click the entry of your audio device and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

5. Find and remove all the audio device related entries.

6. Restart the computer.

7. Reinstall the driver from your driver CD.

If the issue persists, please try to download the latest driver from Toshiba website and reinstall it.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp

Select the correct model and then enter the download page.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

If the issue still occurs, the Toshiba driver may have issues, I suggest that you contact Toshiba support and confirm if there is anuy known audio issue regarding your computer and Windows Vista.

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 20, 2008 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Debbie,

The driver of the audio device is corrupt. Please reinstall it.

1. Click Start, click Run, type in "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.

2. In Device Manager, double click to expand the "Sound, video and Game controllers" branch.

3. Right click the entry of your audio device and click Uninstall to uninstall the driver.

4. Click Start, in the Start Search box type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

5. Find and remove all the audio device related entries.

6. Restart the computer.

7. Reinstall the driver from your driver CD.

If the issue persists, please try to download the latest driver from Toshiba website and reinstall it.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp

Select the correct model and then enter the download page.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

If the issue still occurs, the Toshiba driver may have issues, I suggest that you contact Toshiba support and confirm if there is anuy known audio issue regarding your computer and Windows Vista.

Hope it helps.

Monday, October 20, 2008 9:49 AM
  • Honestly, you don't need to do all that now. Just:

* Select Start Menu (or push Windows button),
       * Select Control Panel (or run devmgmt.msc),
       * Select Hardware and Sound,
       * Right Click on Sound,
       * Select Enable.

You may have to unmute.  I would do this before taking all the time to uninstall and reinstall devices.

Monday, October 26, 2009 4:12 PM