none
FIM Portal not taking users. They delete right away RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to flow user objects that were brought in from our HR service (an ASP web system) into the FIM Portal. The FIM Service MA is simply exporting them and then deleting them. Why can't they persist in the portal?

Also, just trying to move a few attributes at the moment.. First, Last, Display (a concat), Employee number.. I have these configured in the attribute flow for the FIM Service MA. The Connected Space for the HR has all of the proper attributes and they are in the MV.

A Full Sync will have 1416 Provisioning Adds

An Export then has 1416 Adds

But then the Full Import has 1416 Deletes

• Edited by D Gilmour Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:46 PM more info
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 8:33 PM

Answers

• I see it you have at least 10 management agents configured. Are you sure you need that many? Can you test with a simpler configuration (One MA for your HR source and one MA for the FIM Service)?

As was hinted at above is there more than one FIM Service in play?, if so are you sure you are talking to the correct one? Are you sure the exports reported by the Sync Engine are going where you think they are?

• Marked as answer by D Gilmour Friday, April 25, 2014 4:39 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:42 PM

All replies

• Are you sure they are getting successfully exported? It would be useful to know if they made it to the FIM Service and something deleted them or if they never made it to the FIM Service at all. After you run your export look in the FIM Portal and see if the records are there. If they are, then focus on why the import process is not seeing them. If they are not, determine if they never made it in or if they made it in and then were deleted -- you should be able to determine this by looking at the request history in the FIM Portal. It might be simpler to diagnose if you test with a single record. Also look at the Windows event logs on the FIM Service machine and see if there is anything interesting there.

Any chance you have some business logic in the FIM Service that is deleting the records? (You would see this in the request history.)

Rex

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:59 PM
  • When I do the export and before I do the Full Import, I go to the Users section of the Portal and nothing is there but the sync service and the Fim admin accounts. I didn't see anything in the event logs this afternoon. I'll check the request history in the morning.

Is there any other logging that goes on when the export takes place? Anything to do with SQL profiler maybe? I've been at this the entire day today.

-Doug

Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:19 AM
  • Please open FIM MA properties and re-enter database server name and FIM Service address with FIM MA credentials. Then please synchronize users once again and invoke Export. Then check if you can see requests on FIM Portal connected to the same FIM Service :)

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:00 AM
  • So this is what is listed: (I'm going to Requests & Approvals > Search Requests, then searching for all from today.)

Doesn't look like anything happened when I did the export.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Just a weird idea - have you tried to restart both FIMService and FIMSynchronizationService services? It is very uncommon that your exports are not even Failed - they are just not visible. If restart won't help, try patching both FIM modules witch newest patch, if you did that previously, re-apply patch once again.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:03 PM
  • I see it you have at least 10 management agents configured. Are you sure you need that many? Can you test with a simpler configuration (One MA for your HR source and one MA for the FIM Service)?

As was hinted at above is there more than one FIM Service in play?, if so are you sure you are talking to the correct one? Are you sure the exports reported by the Sync Engine are going where you think they are?

• Marked as answer by D Gilmour Friday, April 25, 2014 4:39 PM
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:42 PM
  • So I deleted all of the extra "dev" management agents. No fix.

Then I deleted the FIM service MA and re-created it.

Now I get users in the portal!!! yea.

Thanks for your participation in this thread.

Friday, April 25, 2014 4:39 PM