people outside of my organization cannot receive my message. RRS feed

• Question

• this contact has already been my contact, I can see him on my contact list. but I just cannot send message to him.

In my windows, the message looks like being successfully delivered, but the contact just didn't see it on his side.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Frankdepth,

Does this issue persist all the time? Or what do you do before this issue happened?

Does anybody else meet with this kind of issue?

Could you see the presences of each other when you send message to the outside user?

Could you chat with other federated users (not the same organization as the problemed outside people) normally?

If you can chat with other federated users, it should not be related to your environment.

If not, it recommends both of you check if the port 5061 is opened on Edge servers. This port is related to IM and Presence.

In addition, check if there is any related error message in Lync server event viewer on both Front-end server and Edge server. If exists, please give us a screenshot to know your situation clearly.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 2:31 AM
  • Hi Frankdepth,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:49 AM