none
Windows 10 Updates

Question

• I am operating windows 10 in an enterprise environment. Two of the computers I have are required to operate in isolation. In other words, no internet nor intranet. In order to comply with security protocols, I am required to keep windows up to date with security patches, etc. How can I obtain windows 10 updates knowing the computers are not connected to the internet nor a network of any kind? I figured download and burn to a disc but, I'm not sure where to get that information. If they are on a disc, I am required to have that disc security scanned prior to loading it on computers.

I also have the same issue with anti-virus, however, I can get definitions and program updates for that.

Thanks

RT

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:19 PM

Answers

• The trick is to download updates. You could have a machine that downloads updates and then get the updates based on what downloaded. Someone once mentioned using a WSUS server to download updates.

Once you have the updates, you can create a configuration set using System Image Manager and put on a DVD to be scanned and installed on the computers.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by RT1138 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:03 PM

All replies

• The trick is to download updates. You could have a machine that downloads updates and then get the updates based on what downloaded. Someone once mentioned using a WSUS server to download updates.

Once you have the updates, you can create a configuration set using System Image Manager and put on a DVD to be scanned and installed on the computers.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by RT1138 Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:20 PM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:03 PM
  • That is a way I guess. I was really hoping for a solution like Windows 7. I was able to download the complete update package about a month ago and have a one-time install.

Thanks for your reply

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:20 PM