none
PowerPivot Excel 2013 issue MS PRO RRS feed

• Question

•  

Good Evening, 

I am having the same issue as the individuals prior where I am unable to re-add the PowerPivot addin to my Excel 2013 Pro. Here are the troubleshooting steps that I've taken to try to fix the issue unsuccessfully: 

• I made sure that it wasn't disabled
    • Repaired Office
    • Uninstalled Office 
    • However, realized that i didn't have the registry files in the first place but still ran the suggested fix to see if it would resolve the issue. MS FIX:  com addins are not displayed in the com addins dialog box in excel 2013
    •  
    • Copied the PowerPivot files from a user that had the addin and move it to the same location as the user:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\ADDINS\PowerPivot Excel Add-in
    • Also copied the registry files from a user that had the addin and moved it into my registry. Still not resolution. 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 8:58 PM

Answers

• I found the solution. Try to reinstall the program by clicking on the setup.exe file it will open up to a prompt that says "change your installation of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013" then select "Add or Remove Features"  then  click on Microsoft Office drop down arrow and select "Run all from my computer" this will install the missing addin. 
    • Marked as answer by 2Late2theParty Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:14 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:14 PM

All replies

• Hi 2Late2theParty,

Based on your description >>my Excel 2013 Pro<<, as far as I know Excel 2013 Professional is not support Power Pivot add-in.

These add-ins and the Inquire add-in all require specific SKUs of Microsoft Office 2013. They are available on:
    •Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus
    •Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus available as a standalone subscription.
    •Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus available as part of the Office 365 Enterprise E3, Office 365 Enterprise E4, Office 365 Education E2, Office 365 Education E3, Office 365 Government E3, or Office 365 Government E4 offerings.
    •Microsoft Excel 2013 standalone with the following update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817425

Please check the version of your Excel in your computer and you can refer to this KB article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2805999

Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 5:04 AM
  • It makes no sense that you can use PowerPivot on Microsoft Excel 2013 standalone, but you can't use it in the Excel version in many Office suits, especially one called "Microsoft Office Professional".

What is the reasoning behind this madness?

Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:08 AM
  • After further examination we currently are using MS Office Professional Plus 2013 so PowerPivot is native to this version. Also, I have already used the suggested KB article 2805999 hotfix to try to resolve the issue with no success.

Thursday, September 24, 2015 1:52 PM
  • I found the solution. Try to reinstall the program by clicking on the setup.exe file it will open up to a prompt that says "change your installation of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013" then select "Add or Remove Features"  then  click on Microsoft Office drop down arrow and select "Run all from my computer" this will install the missing addin. 
    • Marked as answer by 2Late2theParty Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:14 PM
    Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:14 PM