none
How to migrate from Project Server 2010 to 2013 when pwa content db is in a seperated db RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Peter, 

I am not sure I understand your question? If I am reading it correctly, you have a single content DB (WSS_Content_PWA) which contains the /PWA site collection and the workspaces and a separate content DB (WSS_Content_SP) that contains other non project related SharePoint content?

If that's the case, you should be fine :)

The article you linked to references the SharePoint Content Database that hosts 2010 your PWA site, so replace the urls & content db's with the your relevant values (http://servername/pwa & WSS_Content_PWA).

I did a couple of posts over on epmsource.com highlighting upgrade scenarios which might be worth a look.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by Peter.Laws Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:27 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Peter, 

I am not sure I understand your question? If I am reading it correctly, you have a single content DB (WSS_Content_PWA) which contains the /PWA site collection and the workspaces and a separate content DB (WSS_Content_SP) that contains other non project related SharePoint content?

If that's the case, you should be fine :)

The article you linked to references the SharePoint Content Database that hosts 2010 your PWA site, so replace the urls & content db's with the your relevant values (http://servername/pwa & WSS_Content_PWA).

I did a couple of posts over on epmsource.com highlighting upgrade scenarios which might be worth a look.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

• Marked as answer by Peter.Laws Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:27 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:31 AM
  • Dear Alex,

found you and your great information on epmsource.com before. :-)

I experienced a different upgrade behavior depending on the installed cumulative updates, if it's a single server farm installation and if language packs are installed or not (en-Us and de-DE). I had quite a few more and different errors and situations, than you have listed in "Some common errors". E.g Convertto-SPProjectDatabase only worked without CUs and without additional language pack.

I am just ready with a single server installation, no language pack and cumulative update April 2013.

Thank you for your response.

I'll be back.

Peter

Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:55 AM
  • Done!
    Thank you for your excellent documentation on epmsource.com!

----
    I had still minor problems with ConvertTo-SPProjectDatabase and needed to add some roles and database properties / permissions by hand. ( Thanks to Juan Sebas : Link )

CREATE ROLE [PSDataAccess] AUTHORIZATION [dbo]
    GO
    CREATE ROLE [PSReportingSchemaAdmin] AUTHORIZATION [dbo]
    GO
    GRANT  UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [dbo] TO [PSDataAccess]
    GO
    GRANT  UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [draft] TO [PSDataAccess]
    GO
    GRANT  UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [pub] TO [PSDataAccess]
    GO
    GRANT  UPDATE, DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [ver] TO [PSDataAccess]
    GO

GRANT  DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [dbo] TO [PSReportingSchemaAdmin]
    GO
    GRANT  DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [draft] TO [PSReportingSchemaAdmin]
    GO
    GRANT  DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [pub] TO [PSReportingSchemaAdmin]
    GO
    GRANT  DELETE, EXECUTE, INSERT, REFERENCES , SELECT, VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA :: [ver] TO [PSReportingSchemaAdmin]
    GO

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:26 PM