none
DHCP/IP overview in IPAM on WS2012R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed and configured an IPAM server on my domain.

It works but I didn't found good documentation about what to do when installation/configuration is right.

Actually, what I would like to do is to display all the IP adresses linked with users, hostnames... I thought it would be easy since some statistics are displayed (number of available addresses, % of IP scope used...) but it is not.

I have configured a IP addresses block, a DNS, a DHCP, a DHCP scope. I have 2 "OK" state in DNS zone analyze.

I get some informations in the Events log but it seems it is only configuration settings.

I should have missed something.

Do you have an idea?

Thank's

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Aexyn

The link below takes you through everything that the IPAM client app (in server manager) can do for you.

Shout if you need anything else

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj878351(v=ws.11).aspx

Yours

Ed

Please mark this as an answer if it was helpful to you

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:15 PM
  • Hi Ed, thank's for you reply

I saw this link but there is something I don't understand

According to this link https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj878303(v=ws.11).aspx#addresses, I have to "manually add IP addresses", and I don't really know what it means. Actually, I want to link IP addresses with hosts, display if the address is expired, attributed... 

In "Add IP address" settings, you can configure lots of data, but since there is DHCP, it should be automatic, right (I mean it is a bit strange to ask the status (connected, inactive...) of the IP address)?

I tried to add an IP address and to disconnect the machine, it didn't provide any information. 

Regards,

Aexyn

Monday, July 18, 2016 7:17 AM
  • Hi Alexyn

The Add an address (range) is for manual entry where the DHCUP scheme in use is NOT a Microsoft DHCP server.

If you have MS DHCP you do not need to add address spaces.

Are some of your addresses missing then?

Yours

Ed

Monday, July 18, 2016 10:01 AM
  • Should it be automatic after installation?

In "IP Addresses Inventory", I just see my DC (which is also the DNS/DHCP in my test environment). 

My DHCP is well configured and in the DHCP Scope Settings I configured, it displays 16.67% in use (which is right). I just can't get these IPs.

(In the properties of my IP range, I select the option to get the IP addresses of the range, but it didn't display any address.)

Regards,

Aexyn

• Edited by Aexyn Monday, July 18, 2016 2:48 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 12:09 PM