Outlook Calendar Time Scale - Configuration for Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Our executives have requested that the default calendar increment for meetings be 15 minutes instead of the default 30 minutes.
    I have found that individually setting the Time Scale within my Outlook client ( View / Arrangementy / Time Scale ) will successfully accomplish this, however, I have not found a way to administratively make this setting for our enterprise ( being GPO or Registry entry )
    - Is there a way to remotely make this setting for our company? How?

We are curently running Outlook 2010 and fully understand that we will be upgrading soon, so will any solution you suggest be compatible for Outlook 2013?  2016? 

Thanks!!
    Tom

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:45 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 1:30 PM

Answers

• Since posting this question I see that htis topic has been discussed already in this link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/4c7bc1e0-297d-4f22-99b4-8c5fb04b27c3/change-outlook-default-meeting-duration-to-20-minutes?forum=Office2016ITPro

That was over a year ago. Enabling macros in Outlook is not an option. Unless I hear that someone has come up wiht a manageable enterprise method for deploying a solution, i will close this questin at week end.

Thansk!!   Tom

• Marked as answer by Tom_Slycke Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:32 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

According to my research,View settings are stored in your mailbox or data files. I'm afraid that we cannot deploy this setting via GPO.

As a workaround, you may send an email to inform all the company staff regarding this setting.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:44 AM

All replies

• Since posting this question I see that htis topic has been discussed already in this link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/4c7bc1e0-297d-4f22-99b4-8c5fb04b27c3/change-outlook-default-meeting-duration-to-20-minutes?forum=Office2016ITPro

That was over a year ago. Enabling macros in Outlook is not an option. Unless I hear that someone has come up wiht a manageable enterprise method for deploying a solution, i will close this questin at week end.

Thansk!!   Tom

Monday, June 25, 2018 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

According to my research,View settings are stored in your mailbox or data files. I'm afraid that we cannot deploy this setting via GPO.

As a workaround, you may send an email to inform all the company staff regarding this setting.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:08 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:44 AM
  • Thank you Perry
    Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Perry, so, even though its listed as a "view" setting" am I correct in saying that the Time Scale setting also controls the default meeting duration ?

Tom

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:48 PM
  • Hi Tom,

According to my research, if you use the New Appointment or New Meeting button from within your Calendar folder or double click on a place within your calendar to create a new Appointment, then the duration of the Appointment will be set to the Time Scale of your calendar.

Reference: https://www.msoutlook.info/question/change-default-meeting-duration

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:05 AM
  • I just found this for Exch 2016 / O365

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/client-access/set-mailboxcalendarconfiguration?view=exchange-ps

Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration   <user>  -DefaultMeetingDuration xx

Changing this is available at the Exchange level in Exchange 2016.
    Any chance this setting could also be configured in earlier version of Exchange?
    OK, its not available in PowerShell, how about VB, or C, or some other language or script?

Thanks!
    Tom

Monday, July 9, 2018 4:23 PM