none
How to rename a resource in PS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

From PS 2003 to PS 2010, it was possible to "unlink" a user / resource from the active directory and rename it. In PS 2013 it's not possible anymore. The problem is that many of my clients need that feature. Let me explain why.

Imagine we have a resource custom field named "Team" and a report that shows historical data (by month) of actual work to determine if the team effort is inline with teh "work budget". The problem is if the ressource changes team, all the historical data is "moved" to the new team.

To avoid that problem, my customers unliked the resource from the AD, renamed the resource (adding the team's name to the resource name) and create a new resource linked to the AD. Of course, they have to re-create all assignments, but it's acceptable.

That was before PS 2013. I know that it's possible to extend the SharePoint application to add Form Base Autentication (FBA). A nice blog explains how :

http://blogs.visigo.com/chriscoulson/configuring-forms-based-authentication-in-sharepoint-2013-part-1-creating-the-membership-database/

but it's quite complex. I wonder if there is a simple solution.

Thanks !

Friday, April 10, 2015 1:09 PM

All replies

• You can try by executing following query in the publish schema. Replace the Resource Name and Team Name in query. Rest steps would be same as 2010.

UPDATE [pub].[MSP_RESOURCES]

SET [RES_NAME] = '<Resource Name_ Team Name>'

WHERE

[RES_NAME] = '<Resource Name>'

Hope this will help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar |LinkedIn

Saturday, April 11, 2015 11:23 PM
  • Hi Raushan

Thanks for the answer, but this will only change the resource name, but it won't unlink it from the AD, so it remains the same resource with different name.

I know that it's possible with some queries, but my customer doesn't like the fact that we play in the database. But I think it will be the only solution with Extend the SharePoint to allow FBA.

Hugues

Monday, April 13, 2015 3:29 PM