Acer 5100-5674 - Bye Vista? I still want XP professional. RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched and read as much information as I can on downgrading ", so to speak, to windows XP prof.

I have Vista home premium on my acer 5100-5674 laptop.  After over a year of using vista I still want XP. 

I would like to get rid of vista for good.  Is it possible to do this without spending so much to obtain a full version of windows XP? I have a legal update copy of windows professional with key, never been used. I also have the windows me re-installation disc from my home pc.

Can I slipstream and create a disc with what I need to install windows xp?

And, After reading and searching I am still unsure of what problems may occur trying to rid my self of vista. I have searched Acer websites to see if it is even possible to install windows XP but am unsure if the list that they supplied includes my hard drive and so on.

Model Acer Aspire 5100-5674

Please help me ..
    Thanks
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:32 AM

Answers

• Technically speaking maybe depending on what is included in your re installation CD and if all computer drivers are avilable for Windows XP

Legally no, your Windows XP license is an OEM one and is linked to your old compter not the new one
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 3:45 PM