none
Update Media Content without Replace option RRS feed

• Question

• I've noticed that when I run the Update Media Content in MDT 2013, the steps show that it's copying files/drivers with the Replace option. Is there a way to run the step without this option? I would be nice to just copy the changed items.

Orange County District Attorney

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:11 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the good wishes. You convinced me that it's time to create another deployment point.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:17 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately there's a lot of xml deciding which drivers and software and are included in your selection profile, and MDT does a content grab based on that xml data.  Recursing that information and comparing would be pretty...complex.  It's also why you can't alphabetize your Applications and Operating Systems inside of the console :)

What I did instead was create a powershell script to create the media when technicians needed media built.  If you hit the update media button and then stop it, you should see a View Script option to see what the PS execution was to make the media.  Then you can keep it running in the background, or what I usually do is keep a VM with MDT/ADK installed to build out images without interruption.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:39 PM
  • Thanks for the note back. I'll stick with the way we're doing it now.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:47 PM
  • Yeah we have some big ugly iso media files we build for a third party image company and it's always a long drawn out day long process to build one out.  I would guess there's was a way to just update that media content and oscdimg out an iso, but that would be manual by hand work and I wouldn't want to own that process :)  Anyways good luck and sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:54 PM
  • Thanks for the good wishes. You convinced me that it's time to create another deployment point.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:17 PM