none
Bluetooth device accidently disabled - can't re-enable/connect to it RRS feed

• Question

• This question was asked in another forum. I was redirected to this forum (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/bluetooth-device-accidently-disabled-cant-re/4c44139d-6e30-4e04-ac92-a4c15d3c61bf).

I'm using a Sony MDR-ZX750BN bluetooth headset. Everything was fine until I accidentally selected Disable in the options menu instead of Connect in the Playback tab of the Sound options.

The device has now completely disappeared from the Device Manager and the Playback tab in the sound settings.

Tried:

Uninstalling/reinstalling Bluetooth drivers

Rebooting etc.

Using Show Disable Devices and Show Disconnected Devices

Adding the headset again using the Add Device option in the Devices window. It throws an error:

Any idea how I can fix this? And where I can find the device entry in the Device Manager? I don't see any disabled devices in the list.

Now I was able to add the device again using right-click > properties in the Add Device window and then selecting all available options. That installed the drivers and added the headphones again. The issue is that I can't connect to it, the audio will simply not switch to the headphones. Nothing happens when I select Connect.

I was redirected to this forum because my laptop is part of our company domain.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 12:33 PM

Answers

• Delete this device from device manager and reinstall the drivers. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

If your are getting the authentication error when adding Bluetooth device, it is most likely that you entered an incorrect paring code on the Bluetooth device.

Like arnavsharma said, remove it completely, then add it and pair with computer again.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:32 AM

All replies

• Delete this device from device manager and reinstall the drivers. 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

If your are getting the authentication error when adding Bluetooth device, it is most likely that you entered an incorrect paring code on the Bluetooth device.

Like arnavsharma said, remove it completely, then add it and pair with computer again.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:32 AM