Prevent mouse cursor movement on touch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I use multiple displays (one of the displays is touch screen) connected in an "extended display mode" on a windows 7 SP1 64 bit OS. 

my application runs/uses both screens.

The problem: once I touch the touch screen, the mouse cursor jumps over to the touch screen, from its position on the non-touch screen.

I want to prevent mouse cursor from jumping over to the touch screen, and prevent from the user rolling back the mouse to its previous position in the non-touch screen.

thanks,
    Roman

Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have a test on touch screen moving finger without mouse cursor following.  When we touch the mouse, it’s position will refresh to the finger’s position at once.

To change the registry key is permanent. So what you want is to limit the mouse cursor in the non-touch screen area.  Here is a related discussion can be referred to.

How to Disable Keyboard OR Mouse through VBScript?

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, June 25, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a test on touch screen moving finger without mouse cursor following.  When we touch the mouse, it’s position will refresh to the finger’s position at once.

To change the registry key is permanent. So what you want is to limit the mouse cursor in the non-touch screen area.  Here is a related discussion can be referred to.

How to Disable Keyboard OR Mouse through VBScript?

Ivan-Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Monday, June 25, 2012 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Hello.
    Can explain please how setup windows for prevent mouse cursor follow finger touch?
    What is the registry change?
    Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:50 AM