none
The current webpage is trying to open a site on your intranet... current site: res://ieframe.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Client Computer: Win  7 64bit with IE11

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2, IIS7.5

Network: Local secure intranet. ~20 client PCs.

Behaviour: Occasionally, users open IE11 to access our intranet. They first encounter a "This page can't be displayed" screen. Upon clicking "Fix connection problems", A Security Warning window pops up with:

The current webpage is trying to open a site on your intranet. Do you want to allow this?

Current site: res://ieframe.dll

Intranet site: http://our-local-intranet-domain.com

The site then loads when the users click "Yes".

I have scoured the net for solutions to no avail. I've added the domain, name, and IP address of our server in trusted sites, checked "enable" for the security setting allowing sites in less secure zones to navigate to the trusted zone.

The frustrating thing is not being able to replicate the problem. Generally, users do not encounter the above scenario and get to the intranet without issue. The times it has happened, I've found nothing in Event Logs, either on the client machine or server.

Most information out there regarding this issue appears to reference far earlier versions of IE.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

"res://ieframe.dll problem" is probably caused when external javascripts from blocked sites are blocked.

It is possible to eliminate the popup by changing the setting below:

Open Internet Options -> Security tab -> Trusted Sites -> Custom Level button. Scroll down and "enable" or "disable" the setting below. (Disable is safer.)

"Web sites in less privileged Web content zones can navigate into this zone"

Click on OK, Apply, OK.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:24 AM