Missing templates when creating file management tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured the RMS connector on a dedicated server, and installed the FSRM on an on-prem file server. Didnt run the genconnectorscript on the fileserver, but made GPOs with the necessary registry settings.

When I try to make a file management task, and choose RMS encryption, only the two default templates show up, not the one I have created specific for this project.

I suspect that this happens because I am using an account, with domain admin and global administrator in Azure, but this account is not a member of the templates scope.

I am however not finding anything about this in the documentation. If this is the case, is it really necessary to add an administrative user to all templates? If not, is there a group that administrators should be a member of to manage RMS? Or should I use the service account for the RMS connector? This account is not mailenabled and has no rights on-prem at the moment.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:15 AM

Answers

• The problem was that when I made templates I should have left out out the Scoping e.g those who have the right to apply RMS protection using that particular template. FCI server doesnt support templates with a scope.

• Marked as answer by ekspert68 Friday, February 26, 2016 2:38 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 2:38 PM

All replies

• New information, I have tried to make a group, RMS Admins, then add this group to global administrators with add-aadrmrolebasedadministrators.

This had no effect on the issue with missing template in file management task.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:32 PM
  • The problem was that when I made templates I should have left out out the Scoping e.g those who have the right to apply RMS protection using that particular template. FCI server doesnt support templates with a scope.

• Marked as answer by ekspert68 Friday, February 26, 2016 2:38 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 2:38 PM