this is very hard RRS feed

• Question

• so im trying to upgrade to a 64bit operating system but nothing will help me :( ive tried to download this thing for it but i need a 64bit processer and i do not know where to get one.please someone help me:( i just need a processer and ill be done.
    Sunday, January 22, 2017 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi naelcm.

You cannot "upgrade" to a 64 bit version of Windows from a 32 bit one: if you have a 32 bit version of Windows and want to install a 64 bit one, you have to install it from scratch (it would be the same for moving from 64 bit to 32 bit), provided that you've all the necessary 64 bit device driver your computer needs and that all thr programs you use can be installed end executed in a 64 bit OS.
    If you need to buy a 64 bit CPU, check the technical specifications and look for an explicit indication about the supported instruction set (32 bit or 64 bit).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, January 22, 2017 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi naelcm.

You cannot "upgrade" to a 64 bit version of Windows from a 32 bit one: if you have a 32 bit version of Windows and want to install a 64 bit one, you have to install it from scratch (it would be the same for moving from 64 bit to 32 bit), provided that you've all the necessary 64 bit device driver your computer needs and that all thr programs you use can be installed end executed in a 64 bit OS.
    If you need to buy a 64 bit CPU, check the technical specifications and look for an explicit indication about the supported instruction set (32 bit or 64 bit).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, January 22, 2017 5:13 PM
  • As Luigi Bruno mentioned, please try it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Tony_Tao Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:08 AM