Access violation at address 13D047A0 in module SPOA.DLL. RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I'm experiencing often outlook crashes with the given error message: Access violation at address 13D047A0 in module SPOA.DLL. Read of address 00000018.

I didn't find any information about spoa.dll. Tried Online repair, profile recreation etc, but the error keeps coming. I'm using Office 365. Could you please help me identify the root cause? 

Thanks in advance!

Friday, November 29, 2019 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi CaypoH,

In this case, it can be a issue related to your Outlook client or computer. Since here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client, please refer to the following client-side troubleshooting steps:

1. Please make sure you have the latest version of Outlook.
    2. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    3. It is also suggested to temporarily turn off your antivirus software to check if the issue will be gone, because some antivirus programs perform email scanning may cause this issue.
    4. If the issue persists, you can also try uninstall your Office completely and install again.
    5. Besides, you can also try creating and using a new Windows profile/user and test.

In addition, it is suggested to use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to troubleshoot your issue.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

Thanks for your replay.

The issue I'm facing is related to Outlook client - this happens to various client computers in my network. We are using latest version of the software - updates are configured to patch automatically when available from Microsoft so i can exclude the option - Outdated client. Complete uninstall and reinstall (latest version from office.com) doesn't fix the issue - it pops up after some time. Re-creating the profile also doesn't work in that case.

The bad thing is that this issue appears randomly and i can't find any pattern. After close/open Outlook the issue disappear and can appear after a week... or in couple of minutes...

Will start Outlook in safe mode and try to disable the antivirus for some time.

This is a screenshot of the problem:

https://imgur.com/zMDqSNi

Monday, December 2, 2019 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It is hard to troubleshoot a random issue. You can also try the  Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to diagnose your Outlook clients.

If there is any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

I'm waiting the issue to appear again to test with Recovery Assistent.

Will update you for sure.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Ok, I wait for your updates.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:47 AM