Email with embedded images forwarded by rule from Outlook 2007 to SharePoint 2007 images not viewable RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with Outlook 2007 client, Exchange 2007 and SharePoint 2007. When I receive Internet emails with embedded images in Outlook and forward them manually to SharePoint 2007, the images embedded in the emails are viewable. If I write a rule in Outlook to automatically forward the emails to SharePoint the embedded images in the emails are not viewable. How to fix? I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What if you send image as attachment ?

Will it display image in SharePoint document library ?

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:02 PM
  • We have tried sending image as attachement but have had no success.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Hi,

Create a test list to save eMails.

Then send eMails to with images to this list via rule and without rule.

If it shoes the same behavior here also that mean there is an issue with outlook and not with sharepoint.

In this scenario I think some configurations should be carried out at outlook to check if images are allowed to display every time and are not blocked.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:54 PM
  • thank you for the replies.

The emails received from the Internet that contain embedded images, forward correctly to SharePoint and the images are visable if I manually forward them from the Outlook client. However when I use a rule to have them automatically forwarded from the Outlook client to SharePoint the images are not visable.

This only occurs with emails received from the Internet and are automatically forwarded to SharePoint from the Outlook box. Emails generated internally and are automatically forwarded from Outlook to SharePoint display the embedded images just fine.

Thank you again for the help

Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:42 PM