Cannot convert CER file to PFX for use in generating AET RRS feed

• Question

• We have a company account with Microsoft phone dev center and have been verified by Symantec, however we need to distribute out apps outside the windows store, so we purchased an Enterprise Mobile Code Signing certificate form Symantecand upon receiving it we found the format of the certificate is cer not PFX ( as is required for us to produce the AET needed to deploy our apps). So ive set about trying to convert the cer file to a pfx (i am running windows 8 in VMware on a mac). Having done some digging I found that if i run the command "certutil –repairstore my serialnumber" this will convert the file as needed (see link for how http://www.itquibbles.com/unable-to-export-to-pfx/) however, when running this command, it prompts me to "Select a smart card", presumably as to generate a PFX file it needs access to my private key, and given i dont have a smart card, i cannot convert the file as needed. Is this something to do with the the fact i am running a VMware instance of windows 8 or is there some way to get around this 
    Monday, May 12, 2014 4:29 PM