none
Prerequisites check DPM 2012 installation on remote SQL server gives 4306 error RRS feed

• Question

• When running the setup of DPM 2012, on the prerequisites check page I choose the option to Use An Existing Instance Of SQL Server. I fill in the correct server name and credentials. When I click Check And Install, the progress bar goes to 100%. At that moment the following error appears:

Data Protection Manager Setup
    DPM Setup is unable to use the credentials provided to log on as NO_PARAM. (ID: 4306)
    Review the error log for details. Verify that the Remote SQL Server administrator credentials you provided are correct and that they have logon permissions on the local computer.

You know you're an engineer when you have no life and can prove it mathematically

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• Anyone an idea?

The log says:

Exception :  => DPM Setup is unable to use the credentials provided to log on as NO_PARAM.Review the error log for details. Verify that the Remote SQL Server administrator credentials you provided are correct and that they have logon permissions on the local computer.Microsoft.Internal.EnterpriseStorage.Dls.Setup.Exceptions.BackEndErrorException: exception ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
    The account is sysadmin on the DB server instance and local admin on the SQL server as well as local admin on the intended DPM2012 server.

You know you're an engineer when you have no life and can prove it mathematically

Monday, June 25, 2012 1:17 PM
  • you need to add permissions (locally) in the DPM server in order to the SQL Server can access it and vice versa. :)

And ensure that the account services in the DPM and SQL Server are system.

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:18 PM