none
IE 11 and Trusted sites (what happens) RRS feed

• Question

• What happens in IE 11 when a site is added to "Trusted Sites?" The more technical the better. 

My problem is I have a site that does not rotate the image in IE11 but only when it is added as a trusted site. It works fine in IE8 without. The function attempting execute is rotateImage(ImgDiv)

Thank you. 

Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Sorry I am late.

As we know, when is given a URL to load, IE performs the check to determine which security zone should be used.

Next, IE will attempt to load the page anonymously, if the site accepts anonymous access, no problems. If the site requires authentication, it asks IE to authenticate. When you add websites into the trusted sites, every time you visit those websites, IE would load them directly without authenticating whether these websites are safe.

There is an article talks about Trusted Sites and Intranet Zones, maybe can help you to understand.

http://sbrickey.com/Tech/Blog/Post/IE_Security_Trusted_Sites_and_Intranet_Zones

For your problem, I am glad to hear you have found a solution. Since you website can work fine on IE 8 but have problem on IE 11, maybe it has compatibility problem on newer browser, we could try Compatibility View to see the result. In addition, you could check the security levels of the Trusted Site to confirm what settings make your function can be achieved.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 25, 2016 1:29 AM