none
Restoring SharePoint 2007 content database to another domain SP 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We had an event where live SharePoint Server was infected and eventually died and we have no access to it right now. All we have is mdf and ldf of content database.

We have deployed a new server and installed SP 2007 on it. How can I restore mdf from old server to new?

This is what I have tried so far-

1. Try 1:
      - Attached DB to new server.
      - Created web application and selected attached DB name in Content DB field.
      - It gave error Unknown Error Occurred.
    2. Try 2:
      - Created Web Application with Content DB name same as I have for mdf file.
      - Detached the newly created database using command: stsadm.exe -o deletecontentdb  -url <URL name>  -databasename <database name>
      - Attached mdf file from old server to SQL Server
      - Used this command to attach this database to newly created web application: stsadm.exe -o addcontentdb -url <URL name>  -databasename <database name>  -databaseserver <database server name>
      - This command ran successfully and showed this message: The specified spcontentdatabase has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint. Please upgrade this sharepoint application server before attempting to access this object.

I'm stuck at this point as I cannot find any CU for SP 2007 from Microsoft.

Any thought on resolving this issue?

Friday, August 16, 2019 10:27 PM