Searches for dollar amounts in auto-mapped shared mailboxes do not work RRS feed

• Question

• I am searching for dollar amounts in the xx,xxx.xx format in shared mailboxes and the search does not find anything, although the search for other keywords works fine. The shared mailboxes are auto-mapped, and I have "Use Cached Exchange Mode" checked and "Download shared folders" unchecked.

The same issue is present on the computers of other users with various different shared mailboxes.

Any ideas what could cause this issue?

Outlook Build 11929.20708
    Office 365 ProPlus

Thursday, May 7, 2020 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment (Version 2004 Build 12730.20236 Click-to-Run):

I can only search for dollar amounts in the xx,xxx.xx format in shared mailboxes when I select "Current Folder".

If this is your case, I'm afraid that this is by design. If you think this is really bothers you, it is encouraged to share your feedback via the Outlook UserVoice forum.

If this is not your case, please upgrade your Outlook to the latest version and test again.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2020 2:56 AM
  • It does not matter if I choose to search in Current Mailbox or in Current Folder, still nothing is found when I search for a dollar amount.

We are on semi-annual channel and would not like to upgrade to the latest version, unless it is offered to users of semi-annual channel.

I noticed, that when I edit the subject of the message and put the dollar amount into the subject, the search works fine, and finds the amount in both the subject line and the body of the message.

Is there any other work around for this, that would not require changing the subject of every email item?

Friday, May 8, 2020 3:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> It does not matter if I choose to search in Current Mailbox or in Current Folder

When I locate in shared mailbox, only the following options, no "Current Mailbox".

>> We are on semi-annual channel.

I tested in Monthly Channel and there may be some difference, if possible, it is suggested to change to Monthly Channel and test.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 11, 2020 8:47 AM
  • No, we would like to stay on semi-annual.

I noticed, that when I edit the subject of the message and put the dollar amount into the subject, the search works fine, and finds the amount in both the subject line and the body of the message.

Is there any other work around for this, that would not require changing the subject of every email item?

Monday, May 11, 2020 11:15 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. 

>> I noticed, that when I edit the subject of the message and put the dollar amount into the subject, the search works fine

According to your description, it is suggested for you to try the Advanced Find feature via Search > Options > Search Tools > Advanced Find to limit your search scope and make your search more accurate.

For more information, please check this article.

Hope this can be useful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 10:26 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:02 AM
  • No, the above information did not help.

The "advanced find" does not find any dollar amounts in auto-mapped shared mailbox.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 6:20 PM