none
Approval Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to have some instructions using Approval Workflow for the following scenario:

Every new user created in MIM Portal have to be approved by an approval workflow before the user is created in AD

Basically its enough if a dedicated attribute will deal with it - let's call the attribute "CreatedInAD":

1. user is created in MIM Portal --> CreatedInAD = 0

2. Approval workflow - approved --> CreatedInAD  = 1 or denied --> CreatedInAD  = 2

Thank you

Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:41 PM

All replies

• You would create a workflow with an approval activity. You'd then attach that to an MPR that runs the workflow when user objects are created.

With this scenario you would have denied users not persisted in the portal, rather than your CreatedInAD=2 approach. If it's important to you to keep denied objects, you'll need something more complicated where an action workflow fires in response to creating a user and changes CreatedInAD from 2 to 1. This workflow would need to be subject to authorization to trigger your approval.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Monday, February 5, 2018 4:18 PM
  • Hi Brian

Actually the user is created in MIM portal using Synchronization Service - from what I understand this will not trigger any approval workflow.. that's is correct?

What is the solution for it?

Can you refer me to relevant documentation?

Thank you

Monday, February 5, 2018 5:43 PM
  • That's correct. You can use an action workflow that runs in response to this and update your CreatedInAD attribute. Make that update subject to approval (there's a checkbox in the MIMWAL activities to make this happen) and you can do your approval that way.

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Monday, February 5, 2018 6:00 PM
  • Hi Brian,

I actually don't have much experience with MIM Workflows..

How the MPR/s should look?

Can you please describe a little more the suggested solution or refer me to documentation?

Thank you

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:57 AM