none
IDT High Definition Audio Codec Drivers wont install RRS feed

• Question

• In the past week my laptop was infected with malware frustrated and annoyed, I reset my laptop to factory settings and decided to start fresh, only to find out that my audio is not working. It says that the IDT High Definition Audic CODEC Drivers need updating so when I go to update them they say "A device connected to the system is not functioning Ive looked into the computer and everything seems to be working fine everything is plugged in to where it should be. The moment I plug my HDMI Cable into my TV the sound works. It says the only Audio device installed is the HDMI Audio device. Im fairly certain that the IDT High Definition Audio Codec is the Audio Jack which is what I have my speakers plugged into. My laptop is the HP Pavilion g7-2233cl any help will be very much appreciated.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 4:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Axyliis.

According to what I can see on the HP web site's page related to your laptop, there are no Windows Vista compliant drivers: maybe your PC does not support Windows Vista. Which Windows version are you running?
    How did you update the drivers? Did you download the latest versions from HP web site and install them?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Friday, July 15, 2016 11:15 PM