none
Storage pool out of space to allocate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a problem in that my DPM server is now down to 1% space left to allocate. The actual disk space used is a little over half of the total disk space available; so there is still room left in the pool.

My question is; will the backups continue when the allocatable space runs out?

Clearly I need to add more disks to the pool but would like to know what will happen in the meantime.

Thanks

Richard

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

DPM can only use unallocated space in the storage pool disks when protecting new data sources, or extending replica or recovery point volumes. 

So your backups will continue as long as you have enought space in your existants Replicas and Recovery point volumes.

If you want to reclaim some unused space, you cannot shrink the replica volumes but if you over-allocate space for the recovery point volume, you can shrink that volume and that will give you space back in the storage pool.

Stephane.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by stafford7 Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:13 PM