none
internet options in windows 10

Question

• I cannot delete my browsing address history. I cannot find internet options to do so.
    Friday, October 02, 2015 12:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Don, deleting my browsing history through hub doesn't remove the list of visited sites in the address bar at the base of my screen.

Also accessing internet options through settings doesn't remove the address bar list either.

Sunday, October 04, 2015 12:50 PM
  • Also accessing internet options through settings doesn't remove the address bar list either.

Not sure how you did this, but I'm able to delete my IE11 address bar history on Windows 10, by selecting "History  List of websites you have visited." on "Delete Browsing History" dialog (Internet Options->General tab->Delete button). After clearing the history, please restart your browser, then check again.

Another way to do this is to press the shortcut key Ctrl + H, then delete the history out there.

By the way, for better support experience, I'd suggest you post your question in the dedicated Windows 10 forum below :

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 4:19 AM
  • Ethan,

I purchased my new laptop about three weeks ago and used the free update to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10.

I can delete visited websites if I accessed those websites using the 'Search the web and Windows' bar at the bottom left corner of my screen.  I can also access websites using the 'Address' bar at the bottom right corner of my screen.  Here visited websites are readily displayed and listed.  These websites I cannot remove/delete by any of the methods suggested.

I did find where 'internet options' is located but using this pathway only deletes visited websites originally accessed using the 'Search the web and Windows' bar.

Regards, Peter

Tuesday, October 06, 2015 10:46 PM
  •  I can also access websites using the 'Address' bar at the bottom right corner of my screen.  Here visited websites are readily displayed and listed.  These websites I cannot remove/delete by any of the methods suggested.

You mean the "Address" toolbar on your taskbar, correct? Had a test in my local lab, I'm able to delete the website history that accessed via "Address" toolbar by both approaches.

The launching way should not make any difference in the scenario I think. Anyway, this is out of scope of current forum, I'd suggest you post in the dedicated Windows 10 forum below, there you should get more professional responses:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 12, 2015 6:26 AM