Orange Dots Next to Names (addresses) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my users has these orange dots next to all his users' names (inlacing his own) in Outlook 2016 for Mac.  What does this mean? I cannot find any reference to it, nor can I find a  way to turn them on (whatever they are) in my Outlook, or off in his.

Happy Friday.

Thanks,

Jeff

Friday, February 28, 2020 5:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

Can you see this icon on your web mail?

I researched a lot and suspect that this icon might indicate that there is somthing wrong between your Outlook and Skype/Team. If you are using Skype/Team, please check whther you can see the icon here.

Please try the suggestions below and see if there is any difference.

1. Please make sure your Outlook for Mac and Skype are running and you are logged into the same account。
    2. Please try removing and re-configuring your account.
    3. To check if this is a client issue, you cam also configure other user's account on your client and see if the issue can be reproduced.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 2, 2020 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 6:28 AM
  • We're getting the same thing happening here. I've had a dozen users ask me what is it all about and how to remove them. I've searched online to no avail. No option in the app to remove/hide them.

Very annoying.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 1:33 PM