Frozen and Blue. Even in safe mode! RRS feed

• Question

• I know I'm supposed to provide hardware/software specs, but i have no idea which ones are important so...

It all started while playing League of Legends. It would occasionally freeze and I wouldn't even be able to Ctrl+Alt+Delete so I would have to manually shutdown the computer (laptop). After a week or so this progressed into the BSOD. The worst part came then when the BSOD would appear during normal operation of the comp (email, Facebook, etc.). It got really bad when I tried to start it up in safe mode and even then i would get the BSOD (this only happened once). I read somewhere that if i checked a box it would stop restarting when an error occurs. This has helped quite a bit however it I still get the BSOD occasionally. I do not think it is a heating issue as i have it on a cookie cooling rack about 3 inches from anything. I have no idea how to interpret or access the black prompt screens (the ones that look like the old DOS screen). I have no idea where to even start and don't want to pay someone $100 to have the problem pop up again. Help please?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We need the dump file to analyze the BSOD issue. Please upload the C:\Windows\Minidump folder on your SkyDrive and post the link here.

Meanwhile, you may check the following:

1. Update all your drivers.

2. Using anti-virus program to scan the system.

3. Boot in Clean Boot mode and check your hard disk for errors.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Monday, January 21, 2013 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:52 AM