Exception highlighting RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to use exception highlighting on grids based on percentage values (for example, hightlight all values in the column that are above 20% of the grand total for the column)?

Thanks,

Marco.
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:26 AM

Answers

• Hello Marco,

You definitely can acheive what you're hoping for.  What you'll want to do is create a conditional format for your measure within BIDS.  I have created a test expression to demonstrate how you can go about this.

1)  Within BIDS, launch the Adventure Works solution. 

2)  Apply the following color expression to the Internet Ratio to All Products Measure. 

IIf( [Measures].[Internet Ratio to All Products] > 50 , 4902491 /*R=91, G=206, B=74*/ , 4264698 /*R=250, G=18, B=65*/)

This condition specifies that if the percentage of Internet Ratio to All Products is greater than 50%, display red, otherwise display green.

3)  Save / process the cube

4)  Reconnect to the cube from ProClarity.

5)  Within ProClarity's Grid Properties, choose the Grid Format tab and be sure to check "Use cube cell formatting".  You should notice the conditional formatting at this point.

Hopefully that information helps to get you started.  If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to post to the forum again.

Regards,

Amanda Ruffner

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hello Marco,

You definitely can acheive what you're hoping for.  What you'll want to do is create a conditional format for your measure within BIDS.  I have created a test expression to demonstrate how you can go about this.

1)  Within BIDS, launch the Adventure Works solution. 

2)  Apply the following color expression to the Internet Ratio to All Products Measure. 

IIf( [Measures].[Internet Ratio to All Products] > 50 , 4902491 /*R=91, G=206, B=74*/ , 4264698 /*R=250, G=18, B=65*/)

This condition specifies that if the percentage of Internet Ratio to All Products is greater than 50%, display red, otherwise display green.

3)  Save / process the cube

4)  Reconnect to the cube from ProClarity.

5)  Within ProClarity's Grid Properties, choose the Grid Format tab and be sure to check "Use cube cell formatting".  You should notice the conditional formatting at this point.

Hopefully that information helps to get you started.  If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to post to the forum again.

Regards,

Amanda Ruffner

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:41 PM
  • Amanda,

Thanks for the information, but unfortunately I don't have direct access to the cube. I was hoping for a way to achieve this inside ProClarity Web Professional but that's ok. Thanks again!

Regards,

Marco.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:54 PM