none
New mailboxes not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have an exchange 2007 server. RTM. I created 58 new mailboes yesterday, putting my total to 265. All of those new accounts can not always log into OWA. Sometimes they can, sometimes if says owa cant find a mailbox. sometimes it says it can't open the mailbox.

When old users email these new users, we get bounce backs saying the mailbox doesn't exist.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:41 PM

Answers

• Looks like AD Replication issue. Check the health of your Active Directory enviornment.

Seems like when things are working fine you are hitting the good DC and when not the problamatic DC.

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:EMA Exchange 2010/2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010/2007 | MCSA:Messaging/Security | MCSE:Messaging/Security
    • Marked as answer by BradKW Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:46 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:42 PM

All replies

• Exchange 2007 RTM? Any reason?
    I would suggest that you start by upgrading to Exchange 2007 SP3.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 12:07 AM
  • The server was like this when I started here. It was working fine until we went over the 200 mailbox mark.

Could it be something with AD?

Friday, November 4, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Looks like AD Replication issue. Check the health of your Active Directory enviornment.

Seems like when things are working fine you are hitting the good DC and when not the problamatic DC.

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP:EMA Exchange 2010/2007 | MCTS:OCS 2007 | Exchange 2010/2007 | MCSA:Messaging/Security | MCSE:Messaging/Security
    • Marked as answer by BradKW Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:46 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:42 PM
  • The server was like this when I started here. It was working fine until we went over the 200 mailbox mark.

Could it be something with AD?

Previous behaviour is not an indication that the server was working correctly or will continue to work in the same way. The fact that it is at RTM means it hasn't had any maintenance and you should be looking to bring it up to to date as soon as possible. It is basically four years old with no updates, many consider Exchange 2007 RTM to be unfinished!

200 mailboxes is nothing for Exchange, I have sites running many more times than that. It could be lloadon the AD, but my first instinct would be to update the server. If you were to call in to Microsoft with the issue I doubt if they would even talk to you until the update was applied as RTM is no longer supported.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 1:45 AM