ASUS P5W DH Deluxe CRASHES WITH 4 GIG RAM ON VISTA 64BIT HOME PREMINUM RRS feed

• Question

• HI THERE NEED SOME HELP I HAVE UPDATED THE MOTHERBOARD AND THINK I HAVE DONE THE CHIPSET BUT STILL CRASHES PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE I AM ABOUT TO BREAK IT

More details about my computer

Component Details Subscore Base score
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz 5.2
      Determined by lowest subscore
    Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB 5.9
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 5.0
    Gaming graphics 1535 MB Total available graphics memory 5.2
    Primary hard disk 203GB Free (234GB Total) 5.2
    Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

System  
      Manufacturer ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC
      Model P5W DH Deluxe
      Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
      System type 64-bit operating system
      Number of processor cores 2
    Storage  
      Total size of hard disk(s) 383 GB
      Disk partition (CSmile 203 GB Free (234 GB Total)
      Disk partition (DSmile 149 GB Free (149 GB Total)
      Media drive (ESmile CD/DVD
    Graphics  
      Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
      Total available graphics memory 1535 MB
            Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
            Dedicated system memory 0 MB
            Shared system memory 1279 MB
      Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.6375
      Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
      DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
      Network Adapter Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
      Network Adapter
    Friday, December 14, 2007 8:06 PM

Answers

• Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for the post.

For going in-depth into this issue, please let me know more information about it, including symptom, error code and so on. That will be very important for us to offer further helps.

If the symptom is blue screen, please understand that to troubleshoot these issues, we usually need to perform debugging. However, in this forum, we do not provide debugging support. If you would like to perform debugging, please contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS).

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request, please refer to the website listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US,  please refer to http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Having said that, for blue screen crash issue, I'd still like to provide the following general troubleshooting steps to see if we can eliminate this problem:

Note: Please perform a complete system backup first. If any unexpected issue occurs, we can quickly restore the system to the current status.

1.    Scan your system to make sure that the system is virus free.

2.    If you have recently installed any software, hardware or drivers, please remove them.

3.    Ensure all the hardware devices, installed device drivers, and installed applications are all compatible with Windows Vista.

For Compatibility information, please refer to Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

4.    Disable all the third party startup programs and services by using the MSConfig.exe utility shipped with Windows Vista. To use this tool, you can refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

(KB929135) How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929135

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps! However, if the blue screen issue persists after doing those above, please contact CSS for further support. Your understanding is greatly appreciated!

If I misunderstood your concern, please let me know. I'm happy to be of further assistance!

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 17, 2007 6:03 AM