How works SIP to Phone call in Lync 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have lync 2010 environment

I  have IP PBX solutions but no External calls. all clients connected with one IP phones. I configured tel uri for each users like +4001 to +4999. Now they are able to make audio and video calls between users.

my questions is

could you enable them enterprise voice to make them to use audio/video conference with mutiple users??

could you any one explain, how the call flow works from one phone to another phone??

also some users do not have any phones they only have headsets. how they will connect with other phone users??

how call flow works. any idea please share.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks Chandru CT-HCL

Thanks Chandru CT. MCITP

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:48 PM

Answers

• Audio/video (A/V) conferencing enables users to have real-time audio or video conferences

You must enable conferencing for your Front End pool in Lync Topology.

If you want the IP phone can join the Audio/Video conference, you need to deploy Lync dial-in conference.

In Lync Server 2010, direct SIP is configured between a Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Mediation Server and an IP-PBX.

Check the media path in the following link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398672(v=ocs.14).aspx

Lync is a software phone, you don’t need to use phone with Lync. You need to deploy Enterprise Voice.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412876(v=ocs.14).aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Lisa.zheng Monday, September 2, 2013 9:06 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:46 AM