Power Query Automatic Refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to use a Power Query to bring in data from SharePoint, then another sheet is performing a VLOOKUP off of the Power Query. Is there a way to have the Power Query refresh automatically when the SharePoint site is updated? I'd like to basically have the VLOOKUP updated without having to open the workbook containing the Power Query.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:42 PM

Answers

• There's currently no built-in way to trigger refresh of a PQ workbook based on an external event (like a SharePoint site being updated). However, if you're loading this data to the Excel data model, you should be able to upload your xlsx file to powerbi.com and set up scheduled refresh there. (Doing so may require you to set up a gateway so that powerbi.com can access the on-premises SharePoint data.)

Ehren

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:44 PM

All replies

• There's currently no built-in way to trigger refresh of a PQ workbook based on an external event (like a SharePoint site being updated). However, if you're loading this data to the Excel data model, you should be able to upload your xlsx file to powerbi.com and set up scheduled refresh there. (Doing so may require you to set up a gateway so that powerbi.com can access the on-premises SharePoint data.)

Ehren

Thursday, June 2, 2016 6:44 PM
  • Hello, 

I am pulling data from KoboToolbox with Power Query and doing data cleaning in the same sheet, but while refreshing for pulling new submission my cleansed data are rewritten as it was in the begging.

1. Is there any way (may be by using Advanced Editor) to pull only new submissions without refreshing old ones? or 
    2. Should I use another sheet by using VLOOKUP or what do suggest would be best? 
    3. Basically, I want to pull data from KoboToolbox then clean pulled data, when there are new submission do same activity but without losing previous work done on first submission...

Many thanks!

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:17 AM