service pack RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible on Windows 7 Home Premium to upgrade from service pack 1 straight to service pack 3 ? 
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• This a Windows XP forum, not a Windows 7 forum!!

You cannot upgrade Windows 7 w/SP1 to SP3 because there is no SP3 for Windows 7.

There isn't a SP2 either!

There is only a SP1 for Windows 7!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, November 11, 2011 7:10 PM
  • Why does it say in my Windows update that there is service pack 3 available to download? 
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Why does it say in my Windows update that there is service pack 3 available to download? 

the Service pack 3 is showing in your Windows Update it's for Office 2007  :)

because the SP3 for Office 2007 released in 25-10-2011 : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27838

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:58 PM
  • Since I don't know exactly what operating system you actually have on your system I cannot tell you why Windows Update tells you there is a Service Pack 3 available for download. 

Do you have MS Office 2007 on your system? Service Pack 3 for MS Office 2007 was recently released.

Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 was only released March 15, 2011.  There is not even a Service Pack 2 for Windows 7 at this time and there definitely is not a Service Pack 3 for Windows 7!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:59 PM