VDA in VDI - which licences are required? RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi.. please tell me which licences are required for this scenario:

    1) there are 3 hosts with Windows Server Data Center 2012

    2) there are 250 zero clients (without Windows)

    I would like to virtualize these zero clients. 

    I know that I need licenses as below:

    1) 3 x Windows Server Data Center 2012

    2) 250 x subscription VDA

    3) 250 x subscription VDI Suite without MDOP

    Do I need Windows Server CAL or Remote Desktop Services CAL?

    • Edited by Damian PL Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:15 PM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:08 PM

All replies

  • You really need to contact Microsoft or a Microsoft partner for licensing advice.  You can't rely on any other advice since it isn't official.

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:55 PM
  • I have contacted with Microsoft - they told me that I need only Win svr + VDA + VDI

    I heve contacted also with Microsoft Partner - they didn't know, but they contacted with Microsoft and they received information that I need Win Svr + VDA + VDI + CAL WIN + RDS CAL

    what now?

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:01 PM
  • there is a Licensing Brief, but I don't understand it. I have read it but I am not sure if I need CAL WIN + RDS CAL or not.. could You help me?

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:10 PM