How to change interface language of windows 7 fron germain into english? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I have bought a laptop from Germain and now i have problem. Installed windows 7 in germain language. I don't know germain and I have a troubles as a user. In shop where I bought my laptop shopkeeper said that i can download language pack from Microsoft's site but honestly speaking i could not find it. Please tell me some hint how i can download language pack.

Thanks in advance.

Gayane

Monday, July 26, 2010 7:20 PM

Answers

• Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise via Microsoft Update:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813

Once you installed a language pack, you can change the interface language of Windows 7 to the language that you select.

Hope this helps,

Oliver

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Monday, July 26, 2010 11:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, August 6, 2010 5:27 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Hi Gayane, if you have Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise, the language pack (MUI) can be  installed directly from Windows Update. Check your updates, you must have many languages pack for download. And download only the English if you want.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:56 AM
  • I have checked but there is no Language pack in windows update, optional. What else i can try?

best regards,

Gayane

As the information in the previous two replies, Language packs are only provided for Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise systems. Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties to check your system version.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:33 AM

All replies

• Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise via Microsoft Update:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972813

Once you installed a language pack, you can change the interface language of Windows 7 to the language that you select.

Hope this helps,

Oliver

• Proposed as answer by Andre.Ziegler Monday, July 26, 2010 11:03 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 7:45 PM
  • Hi Gayane, if you have Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise, the language pack (MUI) can be  installed directly from Windows Update. Check your updates, you must have many languages pack for download. And download only the English if you want.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:56 AM
  • I have checked but there is no Language pack in windows update, optional. What else i can try?

best regards,

Gayane

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:57 PM

best regards,

Gayane

As the information in the previous two replies, Language packs are only provided for Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise systems. Click Start, right click on Computer and choose Properties to check your system version.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:33 AM