none
New-DistributionGroup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm Trying to Create a Room List and error message the 'New-DistributionGroup is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,script file or operable program. I checked the execution policy and it is unrestricted, so what am I doing wrong?
    Friday, May 31, 2019 7:31 PM

All replies

• I'm Trying to Create a Room List and error message the 'New-DistributionGroup is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,script file or operable program. I checked the execution policy and it is unrestricted, so what am I doing wrong?

Either you arent using Exchange powershell or you dont have the perms 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/exchange-server/find-exchange-cmdlet-permissions?view=exchange-ps

Friday, May 31, 2019 8:16 PM
  • Hi,

Which account do you used to run this command? The message says you don't have the permission to run this command.

By default, domain administrator has permission to run this command in EMS.

So, you should run this command with domain administrator credential or use RBAC to add the account you used to one of those permission groups before running this command:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:52 PM
  • I typed the command above and got this back:

Get-managementRole : The Term 'Get-ManagementRole' is not a recognized as the name of a cmelet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a pathwas included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-ManagementRole -Cmdlet NewDistributionGroup

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+CategoryInfo               : ObjectNotFound;  (Get-ManagementRole:String) [], CommandNotFoundException

+FullyQualifiedErrorId   : CommandNotFoundException

Friday, June 7, 2019 3:25 PM
  • Which account that you used to run EMS?  You should run it with Exchange administrator account.

If you was run EMS on Exchange server with double-click, I guess this issue is caused by a wrong credential, you can clean all Windows Credentials then run EMS again:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:55 AM