Object Reference Not Set to an instance of an object RRS feed

• Question

• I get the above error when attempting to install only the Dashboard Viewer for sharepoint onto the Sharepoint server in a distributed Performance Point Environment.  I get the error when asked what site to deploy the webparts to during Monitoring Server Configuration.

I have attempted to use different users to install and to different site collections but still receive the same error message.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get past this issue?

Thanks,

Tony Spaulding
    tony.spaulding@hotmail.com
    Tony Spaulding
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:41 PM

Answers

• If this is a remote server you need to actually run the setup on the SharePoint server.  Maybe you are doing that, not sure.  Do you have all of the SQL Server 2005 components installed and the AJAX 1.0 extensions?  Have you tried running this as the SharePoint farm administrator?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:56 PM

All replies

• If this is a remote server you need to actually run the setup on the SharePoint server.  Maybe you are doing that, not sure.  Do you have all of the SQL Server 2005 components installed and the AJAX 1.0 extensions?  Have you tried running this as the SharePoint farm administrator?

Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:56 PM
  • Dan,

Thanks for your reply.  I am doing the installation on the Sharepoint Server.  The SQL server is a different box so I didnt think the install needed all the components to just install the DashboardViewer webparts for Sharepoint.  I do have AJAX 1.0 installed on this server.

I will attempt to install as the SharePoint Farm admin.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tony
    Tony Spaulding
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:49 PM
  • Dan,

Installing as a farm admin did the trick.  Thanks for your suggestion!

Tony Spaulding
    tony.spaulding@fuse.net
    Tony Spaulding
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:59 PM