none
Object doesn't support property or method Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• User has installed both MS Office 2007 and 2010 in the system. When trying to ask access the plan from the server using MS Project 2007, the user receives the error.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Khaldun,

Could you please give us more details about the error message and the process you followed to obtain this error?

Then we'll be able to provide you some help.

In addition, MS Project 2007 and 2010 can live together on the same PC. I personnaly have 2007, 2010 and 2013 installed on my laptop and it's working fine. The tricky point could be while Project Server is automatically launching MS Project Pro (ie from project center or resource center). In this case, Project Server might open by default the more recent version or the latest one installed. The workaround would be to open the appropriate Project Pro version instead of letting Project Center do it automatically.

Waiting for more details from you.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:50 PM
  • The last install of office or project is the dominate software. This is basically because when the registry entries are added for common properties, the last install become domain.

Try repairing office 2007 or project 2007.  If that doesn't work, then uninstall the 2007 and reinstall to make it dominate.

Cheers! 

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:33 PM
  • Khaldun,

Maybe I'm off base here but I don't see where you mention anything about using Project Server. You mention "the server" which could very well mean that the file is simply stored on a remote server. In fact, it sounds like the user is having a problem with a VBA macro (i.e. Object doesn't support property or method).

Please elaborate.

John

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:32 AM