RTOS and IPSec NAP enforcement RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I would like to know is there any way to make a policy inside the NPS server to provide access to a device (Running Real time OS) using NAP-Ipsec enforcement.

I have intel x-86 board and running "Itron" as realtime OS, my device can support IPSec,  and can join windows domain. my need is to make some specific poli"y on NPS so that a particular deveice can join the domain using Ipsec-Nap enforcement. I made a policy for "Non-NAP client" machine and given full access but nothing haapened.

then I have created a group in active directory and made itron as mamber of this group. and inside the NPS I made a group based policy but I have not succeed.

I will appreciate if some one can teach me a way to make specific policy (example:- IP address based, MAC address based, OS based, processor architecture based, group based, user id based etc..) so that my ITRON machine can join the network without using NAP-client.

thanks

Lee

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi lee,
    try to put only "day and time restrictions" (with permit option) for NAP Ipsec with HRA Noncompliant and give it full network access. I guess probably this will work for you.

Regards
    Brijesh Shukla
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 12:34 AM