What is practice for packaging publishing of platform dependent PowerShell modules? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create Powershell module that contains native libraries. So if I have 4 libraries (linux, win) * (x86, x64) then I have to either create 4 different packages and publish them into 4 feeds or I have to organize package somehow (like for nuget ones with runtime folders) and publish into one feed.

Which option is better? If the second option is possible where to find example?

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:33 AM

All replies

• Modules for different platforms have to placed into different module locations.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Thank you for reply. Do you mean module repositories under term "module locations"?

Is this recommendation specified somewhere?

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how the issue is going, was your issue resolved?

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Albert

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:58 AM
  • I have no issue. I have a question about how to produce and publish platform dependent Powershell modules correctly. I'm not sure that answer is correct because of term "module location". Also I would expect that there is some best practices which I can't find.
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:00 PM