Deploying App-V 4.6 SP2 via Sccm 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has anyone attempted to deployed App-V Client 4.6 sp2 via Sccm. 

i need to deploy the client with the prerequisite. "setup_upgrade.exe"

currently on the machines we have 4.6 sp1 hotfix 4 (4.6.1.30101). it needs to be a silent install with no interaction and to keep the current settings.

Setup_upgrade.exe /s /v /qn  doing this still prompts the user to click next.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

There can't be a space between /v and /qn, so /s /v/qn

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

• Marked as answer by a4r0 Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:04 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:32 PM
  • This command-line works for me

START /WAIT setup_upgrade.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=SUPPRESS /l* %LOGDIR%\AppVClient46-SP1Upgrade.log"

You'll need to modify for your environment

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:34 PM

All replies

• Hello,

There can't be a space between /v and /qn, so /s /v/qn

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:32 PM
  • This command-line works for me

START /WAIT setup_upgrade.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=SUPPRESS /l* %LOGDIR%\AppVClient46-SP1Upgrade.log"

You'll need to modify for your environment

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:34 PM
  • Thank you,

both ways seem to have worked.... just one more question, what would be the best way to control the reboot of the machine, because the applications will not work until a reboot is done.

thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:06 PM
  • Hello,

Using a task sequence, forcing it from the program, installing it with no user-logged on. It depends on your requirements?

Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:45 PM
  • In my SCCM environment I had to use the command line:  setup_upgrade.exe /s /v"/qn REBOOT=SUPPRESS /l* c:\AppVClient46-SP1Upgrade.log"

It would fail when I used the command above.  The command above works fine running as a user.  

Thanks,

Jason

Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:06 PM
  • Hello,

Try: REBOOT=ReallySuppress REBOOTPROMPT=S

It is case sensitive.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Monday, January 7, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Hi, I tried the command line as described above.

is there a way to upgrade clients without the actual need of restart? (Start the service and continue working)

thanks

Tamir Levy

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:07 AM