Remote Desktop does not save window position RRS feed

• Question

• I have quite  a few rdp files which I use on a daily basis. It seems that they all open at the top left of my window.

Is there anyway for them to remember their last position?

R

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:01 PM

All replies

• I have quite  a few rdp files which I use on a daily basis. It seems that they all open at the top left of my window.

Is there anyway for them to remember their last position?

R

I am having this exact same problem.  I'm confident that the intelligent people at microsoft have a solution for this very annoying problem.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 6:37 AM
  • I  did some more research and for me this solved the problem:

http://www.rizwanashraf.com/2009/06/09/restore-previous-folder-widows-at-logon/

In win7 / 2008, microsoft seemed to have unchecked "restore previous folder windows at logon" option in windows explorer.  You must check it on your RDC desktop, and try closing RDC and reopening.  The windows should be back where you left them on the last disconnection :)

I've wasted many hours having to reorder desktop every time.  But late is better than never :)  Hope this helps someone.

• Proposed as answer by Emin Karayel Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:47 PM
    Monday, July 11, 2011 7:40 AM
  • If you want to save the position of windows on your desktop you can try Mosaico at www.soulidstudio.com . You can save up to 8 different windows layouts and restore them anytime. Mosaico also has assisted and automatic windows tiling. It's a time-saver when you have many apps opened at once.   
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:32 AM