none
After 1809 upgrade, many computers showing red x network drives are disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts, I was hoping to get some help understanding and fixing our mapped network drives. After the 1809 update,  many computers are now showing red X network drives are disconnected. The drives are fine when you click on them, but for some reason this just started happening to a lot of people and its causing some confusion . Is there a way to fix this ?
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:35 PM

All replies

• Some users fixed it, we can use their method

Try to set the Drivemappings to replace.

Then set that this policy doesn’t refresh in background, so you can avoid the problem with the disconnecting network folders when the user is logged in.

Computer, Admin Templates, System, Group Policy, and "Turn off Background refresh of Group Policy"

Similar case here:

Mapped drives showing disconnect after Feature 1809 update

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f23947ae-88b2-4049-964c-9ee2da79f33f/mapped-drives-showing-disconnect-after-feature-1809-update?forum=win10itprosetup

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 19, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Windows 10 1809 has some issue and Microsoft has documented this in their literature.

I shall suggest you to roll back to earlier version and wait Microsoft to give green signal.

Known issues updating to Windows 10, version 1809

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, October 19, 2018 3:42 AM
  • I reproduce this situation on my 1809 machine, I have submitted this case to Microsoft via our channel, let’s wait for update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 19, 2018 6:12 AM
  • I have the same issue with red crosses on mapped drives only on 1809 machines. This is across 6 schools. Lucky for me I use WSUS and not all machines have updated, only the ones I've done manually - reinstalled from WDS or the ISO via USB. 

As a temp fix I've put a bat file into the startup folder....

cd\
    c:
    gpupdate /force
    exit

This reconnects all the mapped drives a few seconds shortly after logon. Personally I would have expected something of this magnitude to have been thoroughly tested before roll out. 

Thanks

Mikehawo

• Edited by Mikehawo Friday, October 19, 2018 7:22 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 7:21 AM
  • Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I may try that batch file work-around in the meantime, thank you!
    Friday, October 19, 2018 1:59 PM
  • You are welcome, loot forward to your good news.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:17 AM
  • Hi, Does anyone have any more info on this please? Has there been a fix announced yet? if so when?

Many Thanks

Mikehawo

Friday, November 2, 2018 1:19 PM