none
Additional files in WinPe RRS feed

• Question

• I need to add a couple of custom offline scripts to run before WinPE connects to the Deployment Share. When I do an "Update Deployment Share" I would like these two script files to be included in the list of files that MDT checks for updates, in the X:\Deploy\scripts folder to be precise. How do I tell MDT to add these two files?

• Edited by Nic Zarrilli Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Mazurca,

I mean you guess this setting:

Properties of your MDT Deployment Share --> Windows PE tab --> General tab --> Windows PE Customizations section --> Extra directory to add parameter

Hope this help,

• Proposed as answer by AcetiK Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nic Zarrilli Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:54 PM

All replies

• Check out this file:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Deployment Toolkit\Templates\LiteTouchPE.xml

I believe that is where additional files can be specified.

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:01 PM
  • Hi Mazurca,

I mean you guess this setting:

Properties of your MDT Deployment Share --> Windows PE tab --> General tab --> Windows PE Customizations section --> Extra directory to add parameter

Hope this help,

• Proposed as answer by AcetiK Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Nic Zarrilli Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Thanks, I will try it but I think this file is used when you create the Deployment share. It might also be used for what I need which I am going to verify and even if it is it won't be that easy to add files ad-hoc.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:17 PM
  • Yes I thought about that option but I need the two script files to go into x:\deploy\scripts. I think that parameter adds a separate directory
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Acetik, silly me. This is the way to do it actually. I have realised that the files are added to the root so if you create your directory structure within it, it will put files in the right place i.e. ExtraDir\Deploy\Scripts

Many thanks for showing me the way.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:43 PM